Multiple Sclerosis is a type of chronic nervous system disease that can cause numbness, blurred vision, speech impairment and paralysis. In addition to these, its symptoms can be trouble walking, muscles fatigue or spasms, sexual problems, poor bladder or bowel control, depression or memory issues.
It is, however, a rare disease in which the immune cells attack neurons by damaging the fatty, protective layer around them. This layer is called “myelin sheath” that is used in the insulation of the neuron transmitting signals just as the plastic protects telephonic cables.
Multiple Sclerosis disorder results in knocking out the vision, body balance, muscle coordination and disabled cell-to-cell communication. Moreover, environmental factors may affect like obesity, lack of vitamin D, viral infections, etc.
To cure this disease, various MS therapies, MRI detects, and medical remedies are used.
Multiple Sclerosis News:
A huge amount of research is carried out on Multiple Sclerosis, and the findings are summarized as:
- Quitting smoking may result in Multiple Sclerosis preventions
- Breast-feeding can lower the risk of Multiple Sclerosis relapse for mothers having it already
- Latest research proves that using drugs that activate brain stem cells may reverse Multiple Sclerosis effects
- Having excessive vitamin D supplements can reduce Multiple sclerosis risks
- Low intake of salt can be effective with patients having MS
- Latest research highlights the discovery of a mechanism that guides the immune system cells and proves beneficial for treatment of MS
- Exercise can help children with MS to avoid MS becoming intense
- Discovery of the factors responsible for slowing down the cognitive abilities of patients
- Use of melatonin in treating MS
- Myelin repairment may prove effective in curing MS
- Mental visual imaging can have a significant role in the well being of patients with MS
- Nanosensors are used in the early stage detection of MS
- Poor sleep is one of the factors of MS
- Glial brain cells can prove beneficial in treating neurological conditions
- MS may cause earlier deaths
- People drinking excess of coffee may have a decreased risk of MS
- A new research suggests that women having stomach ulcers or bacterias may be less likely to develop MS
- Medical marijuana may treat some cases of MS
- Discovery of certain non-medicated approaches and drug-free tactics for the cure of MS
- Study reveals that brain network handles changes in cognitive processes in patients with MS
- Alarming increase in the cost of MS drugs
- Brain-boosting activities like brain storming, tasks activating the brain neurons can be helpful in patients with MS
- A recent discovery proves that melatonin levels can help minimizing MS flare-ups
- Emergence of OCT imaging technique for Multiple Sclerosis
- Clinical studies of Cannabinoid capsules for treating Mspatients
- Findings related to comorbidities causing MS fatigue or pain
- Study show that MS grows faster in people who continue smoking in comparison to those who quit after the diagnosis